Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Gotta love it...


Happy Valentines Day to all of you...

Hope you've made your restaurant reservations, booked your roses and bought your gifts. Spending a small fortune in the process.

Valentines day, to me, seems to be for the newly in Love. After a few years you get to realize that it is a waste of money and personally it seems very unromantic to buy flowers and spoil your love on the one day when everyone else is doing it anyway. But thats just me, single old me.

Joburg is in a tizz about it at the moment... I have taken at least a hundred calls today at the restaurant for bookings tomorrow. Wild eyed guys running in and begging me for a table tomorrow night.

"But please, you don't understand!"

"Oh I do sir... just give me your details and I'll put you on the waitlist."

"Great, how far am I on the waitlist?"

"124th"

Poor suckers, it's like if they don't get this right they gonna lose their girlfriend/wife forever. Their last chance!

Get home early from work, put a bottle of something nice and expensive in the freezer to chill. Dim the lights and cook her a fantastic dinner. Put on the music she likes, chat and love her. No crowds, no irate, overworked waiters, no lost bookings just you and her, in the place that you feel most comfortable.

Sorry girls, I am working tomorrow night, at a restaurant. Sheesh I hope I haven't lost any bookings.

Back to sea next time. Peace!

2 comments:

sdfa sdfasdfadsf said...

Yeah, I'm not a big fan.

The one year I started dating a girl on Valentines day. That particular year the day was pretty helpful. Also, knowing the owner of a popular restaurant helped too - he managed to get me a reservation at the last moment!

Anonymous said...

Hey kev, thanks dude. Hey I'm always open to a bit of bribery and corruption, you know currying favour with the law and all. 1 crisp note with a buffalo on it should do quite nicely thanks.