Thursday, March 15, 2007

Barthelona...

If I ever get asked which is my favourite port ever...this is it.


The most cosmopolitain city in the world. This place has buzz about it. I have been there about twenty times over my four years at sea and there is still things left to see.

Gaudi's sculptures and buildings are just mind blowing, I am going to devote one post just to all my photos of his stuff in the future.

My first awareness of Barcelona was when I was quite young I used to watch videos of Fawlty towers where Manuel, the accident prone and often misunderstood waiter/porter was from there.

"I am Manual, and I know Nooothing"

Then in 1992 I remember watching Olympics on telly. Remember how they lit the flame, with the archer shooting the flaming arrow. Awesome stuff.

Barcelona is the Capital of the Catalan province of Spain. Their dialect is totally different to the rest of Spain and has a slight French influence. Catalonians would rather be in their own self governing country and is quite a hot topic at the moment.

Here are some snaps kids...


Las Ramblas-the busy shopping street

Me after a long hike up the hill to the Olympic stadium

The Olympic stadium inside (looked bigger on telly).

The Olympic diving pool(Check the background view)

Gaudi's Segrada de Familia(building started in 1898 and is ongoing today).

I am off the weekend(Woohoo). Happy St.Patricks day to all of yah.

Have a safe weekend.

CB

P.S Met Champers and Jam tonight, thanks for popping by, AWESOME.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was great to meet you too.
I'm off to Barthelona in April .. . . nice post! Thanks.

DaveRich said...

Ooh, now I am jealous, will definitely be back there someday

Anonymous said...

I just finished reading a book about Spain and you have just made it seem a lot more real.

I travel vicariously through your blog. :D